Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Creating Life Long Writers: Writing Independence Beyond the Classroom!

     I had just finished conferring with a little writer and was writing my conference notes, when a little whisper pleasantly surprised me.
“Mrs. Alfonso," she said softly,  "I made a  little ‘How To’ book.”
“I know,” I responded, “and you did a great job!”
“No, I made another one at home!"
I had to mentally rewind that, “Did she say, ‘at home?’”
     How exciting!  She was on her way to becoming the epitome of what I hope to accomplish in all of my students, independent writers outside the classroom, writers for a life time.  Whether you are a parent, a teacher, or a significant other, won’t you join me in accomplishing this goal for all little writers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment